Thursday, September 8, 2011

Abaci and slate boards mandatory in a Tony Abbott Government!

Opposition Leader Tony Abbott shows us he is an old world kind of guy.  He appears to know very little about technology.  Thank god Malcolm Turnbull didn’t leave Parliament or else Tony Abbott might be mandating abaci and slate boards in the national curriculum!

Low-tech Tony

IT'S a little more than a year since that celebrated interview in which Tony Abbott shocked the nation with this revelation: "I'm no Bill Gates here and I don't claim to be any kind of tech head." As became apparent during an interview with Jon Faine on ABC Melbourne yesterday, Abbott hasn't upgraded:

Faine: "And just finally, on a fairly trivial point [our favourite type], but one that people will undoubtedly read more into depending on your answer. Julia Gillard in her letter to you crosses out the formal typed, 'Dear Mr Abbott', and replaces it with a handwritten, 'Tony'. The reproduced letters on the front page of today's The Australian newspaper sees you do not reciprocate with the informality."

Abbott: "And please don't read too much into it, Jon. I had to send that letter electronically and I can't cross something out and write in my name electronically, or at least I don't know how to do that. Maybe others can do it but I can't do it! But I would have, I would have, if I'd had the ability to do it I would have done it in the return correspondence."

There are plenty of bright young sparks in Abbott's office; perhaps it's time for them to stage an intervention.

(via STREWTH! James Jeffrey)

 

On a side note I hate when people cross out the title and handwrite in the persons name.  It’s just annoying to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment